Thanks Larry for passing this one along, you send along some of the best!
For those of you on my email list I hope you don’t mind seeing this twice, but I got so many “thank you” responses for sending this out I just knew that my blog readers would want to see it too.
The following is the philosophy of Charles Schulz, the creator of the ‘Peanuts’ comic strip.
You don’t have to actually answer the questions. Just ponder on them. Just read the e-mail straight through, and you’ll get the point.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America pageant.
4 Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade’s worth of World Series winners.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday.
These are no second-rate achievers.
They are the best in their fields.
But the applause dies.
Achievements are forgotten.
Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
Easier? The lesson:
The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the
most credentials, the most money…or the most awards.
They simply are the ones who care the most
Pass this on to those people who have either made a difference in your life, or whom you keep close in your heart, like I did. ‘Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today.
It’s already tomorrow in Australia !’
”Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!”
I send this out to the world, because so many have made a difference in my own life. For a small sampling of those people, read my Turtle on a Fencepost series – particularly Turtle Interregnum. How about you? Think about the dozens of people who have made a difference in your life and let them know that you know it & appreciate it. Send them a link to this post and perhaps leave a comment telling the rest of us the impact they have had on you.